Dec 8th, 2020
Why would a successful independent advisor with his own RIA and an affiliation with a quality major independent broker dealer choose to merge his firm with an RIA 40 times his size?
One reason might be striking while the iron is hot. Others include setting up an eventual succession plan, gaining the benefits of scale, help with growth and gaining equity in a firm that is growing faster and more reliably than his or her own firm. If the end of 2020 is any indication, 2021 could be another record year for M&A activity.
On this episode of State of the Industry podcast, we welcome Scott Hanson: Co-Founder, Allworth Financial (Host) and Dave Bastoni: Founder and Principal of hybrid advisory firm Bastoni Financial Services.
- Review of M&A trends for 2020 and predictions for M&A in 2021
- Why we’ve seen an increase in multiples for financial advisory firms
- Why private equity and other institutional investors are interested in our industry
- Why an independent BD advisor with $270M in AUM changed his business model to merge with a $10B RIA
- How David Bastoni navigated a critical growth inflection point – investing and building infrastructure or joining a firm with a platform in place
- Why many older advisors are making a mistake by setting their firms on cruise control and plan to retire "with their boots on"
To learn more, please visit: https://allworthpartners.com/