Apr 19th, 2021
With 12 transactions under our belt, we have learned a lot about M&A best practices in our industry. How about you? Do you really understand what it takes to acquire or merge with a firm and realize the value of that deal in a meaningful way?
In April’s State of the Industry podcast, Allworth Co-CEO and host Scott Hanson welcomes Pete Engelken, who has not only overseen 12 partnerships as COO of Allworth Financial, but has a long history of quarterbacking deals in the financial services industry..
On “What it takes to be a buyer of firms,” Hanson and Engelken explain to listeners:
- How to find the right partner and cultural alignments
- Why every deal and negotiation are unique
- Where the money originates, how equity is earned, and who assumes the debt
- Overcoming common (and not so common) legal issues
- What industry regulations are at play in a deal
- Negative vs. positive client consent
- Aggregators vs. integrators vs. partial integrations
It’s a white-hot seller’s market. Listen to two senior leaders of the 4th fastest growing RIA in America come together to talk M&A.