Sep 16th, 2021
In the latest edition of State of the Industry podcast, titled: “Capital Gains Tax Changes Webinar – What This Could Mean for Your Firm and Your Future,” host and Allworth Co-CEO Scott Hanson welcomes Financial Planning Association (FPA) President Skip Schweiss.
The two dissect the impact of the pending capital gains tax increase on advisors who are nearing retirement.
- The details of the proposed capital gains tax increase legislation
- How the tax increase could affect the value of your advisory firms
- Why selling, creating a succession plan, or partnering now could save principals millions
- The importance of January 1, 2022
- How partnership equity could lower your tax exposure