Sep 23rd, 2020
On this episode of State of the Industry, we welcome:
- Scott Hanson, Co-Founder, Allworth Financial (Host)
- Hugh Phillips, former principal at Napa-area HBP Retirement Group, Inc., which, in 2018, entered into a “sell and stay” partnership with Allworth Financial.
- How HBP Retirement Group and Hugh Phillips became part of Allworth Financial in a classic “sell and stay” transaction.
- How Hugh made sure his junior advisor and staff benefitted from the transaction.
- What mental and emotional roadblocks Hugh Phillips had to overcome to complete the transaction.
- What are the logistical and quality of life advantages that Hugh Phillips has enjoyed since the acquisition?
- What was the impact on Phillips’ associate advisor, who’d been with HBP for 15 years, and does he feel about the partnership?
We hope you enjoy. You may subscribe to our podcast by clicking here on iTunes Podcasts.